G&B Environmental is one of few certified filter specialists in the state of Minnesota. Our filter certification means we have demonstrated a thorough, up-to-date understanding of air filtration technology and high level of professionalism. In order to become certified, air filtration professionals must pass an extensive examination on the principles, methods and applications of air filtration.
On Time, Every Time
Customer service is our top priority. We focus on providing each customer with a custom solution that will save money, conserve energy and minimize risk and headaches. Our initial costs may not be the rock bottom option, but we are confident that we will be your best filtration, coil and duct option in the long run. We recognize that our job is more than replacing or maintaining filters, you count on us to make decisions that help your heating, cooling, water and HVAC systems running. Compliance with the NAFA Code of Ethics ensure that we will do our best for you every time.
G & B Environmental Specialties:
Improving Consumer Education on Filters, Coils, Ducts and HVAC Systems
We are working on a series of short lessons to help our customers better understand filters, coils, ducts, HVAC systems and the advantages of regular maintenance. Check them out below – sign up for updates at the right.
We take pride in our work and we figure the more you know the better we look!
- Air filters that need cleaning
- Fans that are broken and blocking airflow
- Blocked up condensate lines
- Malfunctioning thermostats can freeze AC coils
- Possible refrigerant leaks
G&B is committed to helping building owners, property managers, engineers, and facility professionals lower their operating expenses. We offer a cost-effective, customized preventive maintenance plan for your commercial building that will provide you with peace of mind, improved comfort, and energy savings.
The Insurance Information Institute says hail causes about $1 billion in damage annually, with the highest number of claims reported in April, May and June.
G&B can help minimize this damage with professionally installed hail guards. We can also provide solutions to restore capacity if damage has occurred. Enhance the cooling system’s reliability and service life and Call us today for cost-effective estimate.
With a variety of filters available and countless applications, G&B Filter Service will work with you personally to design, build, and install the perfect protection plan for your specific situation. We work with you to provide a consistent service schedule to maintain critical filtration systems. Let us help you protect your investment and reduce your quality costs with professionally designed filter change services.
Filters improve performance
“Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for – in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.”
– Ellen Goodman
1. Air is a mixture of gases containing nitrogen (78%), oxygen (21%), and water vapour, dust particles and other gases (1 %).
2. Air occupies space. It also has weight.
3. Air exerts pressure in all directions.
4. Air can be compressed.
5. One-fifth of the air is oxygen. Oxygen is necessary for combustion and respiration.
6. Photosynthesis in plants is possible because of carbon dioxide in the air.
7. Nitrogen present in the air is necessary for the growth of plants.
8. The ozone layer protects us from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
9. Burning of fuels and factory wastes are the main causes of air pollution. Cutting down of trees has also led to an increase in air pollution.
10. Planting trees, taking measures to reduce smoke and pollutants in factories, and using catalytic converters and unleaded petrol in automobiles, are some ways of reducing air pollution
You can cut your energy costs by up to 30% with yearly cleanings. You also save on costly service calls for frozen up units with preventative cleaning to ensure you are running at 100% efficiency. Once coils are cleaned, keep them clean with protective screens to ensure performance through out the year.
1. Water is the only substance found on earth naturally in three forms.
True (Solid, liquid and gas)
2. Does water regulate the earth’s temperature?
Yes (it is a natural insulator)
3. At what temperature does water freeze?
32 degrees F, 0 degrees C
4. At what temperature does water vaporize?
212 degrees F, 100 degrees C
5. How long can a person live without food?
More than a month
How long can a person live without water?
Approximately one week, depending upon conditions
6. How much of the human body is water?
7. How much of the earth’s surface is water?
8. How much water must a person consume per day to maintain health?
2.5 quarts from all sources (i.e. water, food)
9. Of all the earth’s water, how much is ocean or seas?
10. How much of the world’s water is frozen and therefore unusable?
11. How much of the earth’s water is suitable for drinking water?
It is essential to consider the impact that water will have on your equipment, your products, your customers and your success. Please call G&B Environmental to help select the right filtration for an application and to maintain the system once installed.
Before refrigeration air conditioning was invented, cooling was done by saving big blocks of ice. When cooling machines started to get used, they rated their capacity by the equivalent amount of ice melted in a day, which is where the term “ton” came from sizing air conditioning.
A ton of cooling is now defined as delivering 12,000 BTU/hour of cooling. BTU is short for British Thermal Unit (and is a unit that the British do not use) The BTU is a unit of heating – or in this case, cooling – energy. It’s more important, however, to keep in perspective that a window air conditioner is usually less than one ton. A small home central air conditioner would be about two tons and a large one about five tons. Question is how much cooling capacity is lost with dirt in the system? G&B Environmental makes a living on keeping systems clean and functioning at peak capacity.
Bags of dirt coming from system
Clean coils with Prevent Screens to keep clean during the summer heat.
Coils are found in refrigeration equipment including those used in supermarkets and restaurants. It is not uncommon to find hundreds of “through-the-wall” fan coil units in a hotel, dormitory or apartment building. As the air moving over the coils contains dust, dirt, pollen, moisture and other contaminants, the coils get dirty and become less efficient. In addition, the evaporator coil and its condensate pan can become fouled with pollen, mold spores and other bio contaminants that can have adverse effects on indoor air quality. If not maintained, the moisture around the evaporator coil can become a breeding ground for bacteria and mold.
Our trained coil cleaning technicians also clean the coils from the inside out, G&B has observed that this pushes the dirt and cottonwood out of the unit, rather than cleaning the coils from the outside in, where it is pushing the dirt, debris and cottonwood back into the unit. Our technicians are also capable of splitting double and triple coils to ensure a better cleaning all around. Contact G&B Environmental, Inc for any other inquires and questions about our coil cleaning services and we are happy to help.
4 Ways To Treat Your Customers Like they matter.
1. Say please.
2. Say thank you.
3. Make it easy for them.
4. Understand what they want, even if they don’t.
Large or Small